INTERNSHIPS & CONTRACT POSITIONS
Are you interested in a unique start-up opportunity in the sports business world where you can learn from industry veterans? Want to know what it takes to build a sustainable business in the little league sports space? Would you like to play a part in creating a sports legacy in Akron? Akron City FC kicks off its inaugural season in 2022 and is accepting applications for internship and contract opportunities.
Akron City FC is a community-based soccer organization that competes in the National Premier Soccer League. Our Mission is to be a soccer organization that the Akron and Summit County region will be proud to call their own. We believe in bringing people together and uniting the soccer community to promote and grow the game in our area.
We are looking for individuals to cover many areas, including social media/digital support (including content capture and creation), marketing, ticket and sponsorship sales and sales support, team operations, and general business operations. As we get closer to the season, we will also look to add support for Game Day Operations.
Candidates are expected to work 6-8 hours on game days with up to an additional 10 hours per week for community and team events.
Internships and volunteer opportunities are unpaid and are designed for individuals seeking work experience in a related field, but all applicants are welcome. Certain sales and general business paid positions can be available.
SOCIAL MEDIA/DIGITAL SUPPORT
These internships include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Work alongside the leadership to plan for social media strategies
- Use photos and web content to create and schedule timely posts, following the 5-3-2 rule
- Assist in tracking, monitoring, and engaging in fan feedback
- Assist in producing content for all social media platforms
- Help grow Akron City FC brand through new and engaging ways
- Assist in developing and updating website content
- Real-time social media coverage of live team events
- Attend community events
- Other duties as assigned
TICKET AND SPONSORSHIP SALES AND SALES SUPPORT
Contract roles available paid commission on sales. These
internships include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Assist in the creation and implementation of promotional plans for the upcoming season
- Assist with grassroots marketing efforts to help grow the Akron City FC brand.
- Prospecting and generating new leads, which will include a weekly call volume requirement
- Assist with the creation of sales proposals for potential prospects.
- Manage or assist with the fulfillment of game day/event duties, such as group sales fan experiences, ticket sales table, and offsite community events.
- Provides excellent customer service to all existing and potential clients, helps the organization OVER DELIVER on all corporate and community partnerships
- Work with leadership to research new and creative ways to sell tickets.
- Assist in developing activation opportunities to ensure corporate sponsors are getting year-round service
- Administrative sales duties, including database/CRM management
- Game day set up and tear down of sponsorship field/stadium signage and other activation booths.
- Other duties as assigned
These internships include working directly with the Technical
Director, Coaching Staff, and Ownership of team needs such as:
- Assisting with needs related to training and games
- Organizing and distributing team and staff apparel/equipment, including laundering
- Fulfilling individual player requirements and needs
- Setting up home and away locker rooms
- Communication with NPSL operations personnel, game referees and game-day staff
- Working with visiting team to ensure all league-required needs are met
- Assist with away game preparation, including communications, travel, and equipment (traveling with the team to away games is preferred)
- Working with medical and game day training staff
- Coordinating post-game meals
GENERAL BUSINESS OPERATIONS
Initially looking for one intern that will work with ownership across all facets of the organization.
For more information, please contact email@example.com